Divorce Attorney

Posted by admin filed under Divorce Lawyer.

There are many instances where two individuals are not happy together and may seek separation after a marriage; however, there are many aspects pertaining to divorce that they must consider such as alimony, child custody, visiting time, asset division, among others. The court takes all the facts and circumstances into the consideration and issues a final decree.

The final verdict remains enforceable even if there are any post-divorce changes in the situation or conditions. Therefore, a change in circumstances may require a modification of the court ruling. An example of the different condition may include a change in income levels, needs of the children, relocation, among different occurrences.

What Is A Post-Decree Modification?

A post-decree modification, also referred to as post-decree petition, is filed after the annulment, paternity judgment, dissolution of marriage, or legal separation of spouses for modification of the terms dictated in the court order. Individuals who do not abide by the orders of the court may have to face severe consequences, therefore, it is imperative to pursue a post-decree modification through the court to prevent serious repercussions.

How Does It Work?

When parties decide to modify the final verdict related to their divorce, they may file an agreement which may detail the proposed changes along with the copy of the prior order. The requested document for the Post-Decree Modification must contain the signatures of both the petitioner and the respondent.

Thus, it is important for both parties to be on the same page, otherwise, the individual seeking the modification will have to persuade the judge and provide supporting evidence to prove that the changes made in respect of paternity judgement will be in the best interest of the child.

There is a high chance that the judge will not approve the modification unless they observe a considerable change in circumstances, and that change has a significant impact which makes it difficult or impossible to follow the prior order issued by the court. Thus, you can benefit from hiring a seasoned divorce lawyer to represent your case in court.

How Can A Lawyer Help?

If you are seeking post-decree modifications, it will be in your best interests to secure legal representation from an experienced divorce lawyer. An attorney with sound knowledge and history with post-decree work under Illinois Legislation & Laws can be invaluable for your case.

A competent divorce lawyer will ensure that your interests remain protected and articulate your case in a manner which will help you to prove that there has been a substantial change in the circumstances, which can be extremely crucial for the approval of post-decree modification.

If you want to learn more about this subject or want to schedule a free consultation, contact Casement Law Group at (847) 888-9300 to speak with an experienced divorce lawyer to help understand your rights and obligations.