Access Sophisticated Trusts and Estate Planning Services
The loss of a loved one can be an extremely difficult time for anyone. When it comes to estates and trusts, this often means taking over the responsibility of settling matters of your loved one’s estate. Whether you are confident of your abilities to take on the task or are unsure about where to start, it will be wise to meet with an experienced attorney who specializes in trusts and estates, and who can review your situation to underline the important things that need to be addressed.
Importance of Trusts and Estate Planning
At Casement Group, we practice a sensitive and respectable approach to the creation of trusts and estates. We are committed to providing our clients with exceptional legal services you can count on. Our firm achieves this by combining years of experience in representing clients in trusts and estate planning matters with creative solutions that help minimize administration expenses and federal taxes.
Whenever a person wants to leave behind property and assets for their loved ones but wants to avoid probate, the best way to achieve both is by creating a trust. You can do that by hiring our attorney who has extensive experience in setting up trusts on the behalf of his clients.
Different Types of Trusts
There are a number of different types of trusts, each of which have their own specific characteristics that can serve a particular purpose within your estate plan.
- A Revocable Trust – Also known as a ‘Revocable Living Trust’ can be altered at any time if the grantor is still living.
- An Irrevocable Trust – Once the grantor is deceased, this type of trust is irrevocable. Also, this type of trust cannot be changed or altered once created.
- A Charitable Trust – As part of an estate plan the charitable trust can benefit specific charities after the death of the grantor.
- An IRA Trust – This type of trust is the beneficiary of an IRA. The creation of this trust requires careful planning, and an attorney who is experienced in creating IRA trusts.
- Special Needs Trusts – The trust helps someone who has qualified for benefits from the government to get access to additional comforts that aren’t provided by the government.
Other trusts individual can create include Testamentary Trust, Spendthrift Trust, Pet Trust, Land Trust, Gun Trust, Grantor Trust and an Asset Protection Trust. The principles behind a will is pretty straightforward, but its creation can be complex which is why you will require the advice and assistance of an experienced trusts and estates attorney.
Why Do You need a Trusts & Estates Lawyer?
Estate planning is much more than just having to prepare a document. Since it involves protecting your estate and finances and passing it on to your heirs, it’s always best to hire an attorney who is well-versed with matters regarding trusts and estates. That’s because a trust is an extremely useful tool when it comes to transferring any assets you have, and is a crucial part of any estate plan. A trust can be created while you are alive or once you are dead, if specified by your will. There are multiple legal benefits in hiring an experienced attorney to ensure your trust and legal estate plan is set up properly, so that both you and your loved ones can benefit.
Contact Us Today
For more information on how our experienced estate planning attorney can assist you, please feel free to contact us at (847) 888-9300, or leave a message on our website by visiting our contact page and filling out a form. We represent clients throughout Kane & DeKalb Counties and all of the greater Chicago area, our office is conveniently located in Elgin.